The Not to Miss List: The Best Crunch Promos & Giveaways Happening This Season!
Thursday, October 11, 2018 2:00 PM by Guest Blogger - Megan Cahill
Join the Syracuse Crunch for their 25th season in downtown Syracuse at the War Memorial Arena. The team offers family-friendly activities and hard-hitting hockey at an affordable price. Throughout the season, the Crunch are holding several promotional nights that support great causes in the community along with exciting festivities and giveaways.
- Hockey returns to Syracuse on Saturday, Oct. 13 for the Home Opener presented by Upstate University Hospital when the team hosts the Charlotte Checkers. As the Crunch commemorate their silver season, the players will wear specialty jerseys, while fans will receive LED foam batons as a giveaway at the doors.
- On Saturday, Oct. 27, wear your spookiest costume and join the team for the Halloween Spooktacular presented by New York’s 529 College Savings Program Direct Plan (NY529). Fans of all ages are welcome to dress up and participate in the festivities. Following the game, children are invited to trick-or-treat on the ice and receive special drawstring bags.
- The Crunch will join the NHL’s effort to raise money for cancer research with Hockey Fights Cancer night on Saturday, Nov. 17. The team will wear specialty lavender jerseys to pay tribute to cancer awareness. Funds raised throughout the night will go directly towards cancer research at Upstate University Hospital.
- Get into the spirit of giving by attending the Stanley Steemer Tired Teddy Toss on Saturday, Dec 8. Leading up to the game, the Crunch will be collecting new and gently used stuffed animals for this special night. When the Crunch score their first goal of the game, fans can toss stuffed animals onto the ice. All stuffed animals will be cleaned by Stanley Steemer and donated to The Salvation Army.
- Head to the War Memorial Arena on Monday, Jan. 2 for the Monday Matinee game against the Binghamton Devils. Enjoy a day off from work and school with the Crunch. Tickets for children 12 and under will be discounted to $5 for this special day, additional fees apply.
- The Syracuse Crunch will be raising funds for breast cancer research on Saturday, Feb. 23 with Pink in the Rink presented by Upstate University Hospital. Fans are encouraged to wear pink to the game and show their sport for breast cancer awareness.
- To commemorate the 25th season of hockey in downtown Syracuse, the team will host a special throwback night on Saturday, March 2. There will be specialty jerseys that replicate those from the inaugural 1994 season and surprise guest appearances.
- Calling all animal lovers for the annual Pucks for Paws game on Saturday, April 6. Fans are welcome to bring their dogs to join them in cheering on the Crunch during the game. A portion of the proceeds from the dog tickets will benefit the Priscilla Mahar Animal Welfare Foundation. In addition to the pet festivities, there will be giveaways and the opportunity join the Crunch for a free post-game autograph session on the ice.
- Amongst the several giveaways this season, the Crunch will be holding a three-part bobblehead series. Fans in attendance will receive a Crunchman bobblehead on Feb. 16, Andrei Vasilevskiy on March 16, and Steve Yzerman on April 12.
Join the Crunch in the War Memorial Arena all season long for hockey, giveaways, family-fun and more! For additional details about any upcoming promotional nights or to purchase tickets, visit www.syracusecrunch.com or call 315-473-4444.