Wazzup Weekly | Mar 20-Mar 26
Wednesday, March 20, 2019 11:00 AM by Mary Kate Harrigan
Welcome to Wazzup Weekly, Visit Syracuse’s weekly platform of local tourism information to help you Do Your Thing, push through the rest of the week and then some. Whether you're a visitor or a Syracuse 365er, this is your weekly rundown of what's hot, what's happening and what to do!
What's Happening 💃
- Mar 20-April 7: Pride & Prejudice, Syracuse Stage
- Mar 20-31: It's Maple Syrup Time, Beaver Lake Nature Center
- Mar 21-24: I'm Not Rappaport, Red House Arts Center
- Mar 22-24: Free Open House, Bad Axe Throwing Syracuse
- Mar 23-24: Maple Weekend, Dutch Hill Maple, 10 AM-4 PM
- Mar 23-24: Paw Patrol Live!, Landmark Theatre
- Mar 23-24: Syracuse StadiumCross, NYS Fairgrounds
- Mar 23: Mad Hatter's Tea Party, Rosamond Gifford Zoo, 10 AM-12:30 PM
- Mar 23: Rock Climbing Expo, Central Rock Gym, 3-5 PM
- Mar 23: Story Slam- "Taking Risks," Wunderbar, 7-9 PM
- Mar 24: Celestial Healings Psychic & Holistic Fair, North Syracuse Community Center, 10 AM-5 PM
- Mar 26: Meet the Mets, Carrier Dome, 12-2 PM
For a complete list of events, check out our online calendar.
What's Hot 🔥
Maple Weekend: Dutch Hill Maple is the place to be this weekend for all things maple at their annual Maple Weekend. Try products fresh from the tap including syrup, cream, candy, cotton, popcorn and more. Enjoy a pancake and sausage breakfast, take a tour of the farm and sample your heart out. Saturday will bring horse-drawn wagon rides so bring the family to celebrate the March maple harvest.
Meet the Mets: Celebrate the Syracuse Mets new affiliation with a first-time ever event at the Carrier Dome. Watch the New York Mets' final spring training workout before the 2019 season and get to see the players up close and personal during batting, infield and pitching practice. Special guests include: Jacob deGrom, Robinson Canó, Noah Syndergaard, Mets COO Jeff Wilpon, General Manager Brodie Van Wagenen and Manager Mickey Callaway. Join other Syracuse Mets fans and show your team pride! Learn more here.
What's On Tap 🍺
Wunderbar: There's a new bar in town that showcases LGBTQ pride while also welcoming allies. Wunderbar is pumped to serve Syracuse a craft cocktail experience combined with a safe place to create, kickback, entertain and soak up great art. With an inhouse theatre company and open mic events, there are countless opportunities to create and connect. Join in on a weekly dance party, eat up at brunch or grab a drink- this place has got you covered.
What They're Saying 💁♀️
15 Cheaper Alternatives to the Most Overpriced Tourist Attractions- Reader's Digest
Photo of the Week 📸