Wazzup Weekly | July 18-July 24
Wednesday, July 10, 2019 11:00 AM by Mary Kate Harrigan
Welcome to Wazzup Weekly, Visit Syracuse’s weekly platform of local tourism information to help you Do Your Thing, push through the rest of the week and then some. Whether you're a visitor or a Syracuse 365er, this is your weekly rundown of what's hot, what's happening and what to do!
What's Happening 💃
- Jul 18-20: Curbstone Festival & Sidewalk Sales, Village of Skaneateles
- Jul 19-20: Syracuse Irish Festival, St. Patrick's Church
- Jul 19-21: Syracuse Nationals, New York State Fairgrounds
- Jul 19: Syracuse Inner Harbor Outdoor Movie Night, Iron Pier, 5 PM
- Jul 19: 15th Annual Empire Brewfest, Clinton Square, 5-10 PM
- Jul 19: Family Open Gym, Syracuse Ninja Barracks, 5 PM
- Jul 20: Cuse Culture Festival, Washington St infront of City Hall, 11 AM-11 PM
- Jul 20: Empire Wine & Food Truck Festival, Clinton Square, 12 PM
- Jul 23: Rob Thomas, St. Joseph's Health Amphitheater at Lakeview
- Jul 23: Brews & Bikes, Mello Velo Bicycle Shop, 7:30 PM
For a complete list of events, check out our online calendar.
What's Hot 🔥
Festival Season: Festivals are popping up all over the region this weekend. From the Curbstone Festival & Sidewalk Sales in Skaneateles to the Syracuse Irish Festival in Tipperary Hill, find the perfect place to gather this weekend. Looking to head Downtown? Check out the Cuse Culture Festival, Empire Wine & Food Truck Festival or the 15th Annual Empire Brewfest. Discover food from diverse cultures, get your Irish on or sample local brews- there's something for everyone.
What's On Tap
Mello Velo: Looking to learn bike repair basics while also enjoying a great selection of craft beverages? Then stop by Mello Velo's Bikes & Brews night. Participants can join a repair clinic while also being able to sip on local brews. Mello Velo staff will be on deck offering their extensive bike knowledge, come learn from the best at this unique event.
What We're Doing 💁♀️
Volunteering!: The Meals That Heal program at the Ronald McDonald House provides meaningful meals for guest families. With up to 25 families staying with them at once, providing a home cooked or restaurant donated meal means one less thing families have to worry about when they have a child in the hospital. There are many open dates this summer, if you are interested in participating please contact Volunteer Manager, Emily Whalen at email@example.com or (315) 476-1027.
Photo of the Week 📸