Wazzup Weekly | May 22-May 28
Wednesday, May 22, 2019 11:00 AM by Mary Kate Harrigan
Welcome to Wazzup Weekly, Visit Syracuse’s weekly platform of local tourism information to help you Do Your Thing, push through the rest of the week and then some. Whether you're a visitor or a Syracuse 365er, this is your weekly rundown of what's hot, what's happening and what to do!
What's Happening 💃
- May 23: Heid's Summerfest, Heid's, 5:30 PM
- May 23: Pop-up Dining, SKY Armory, 5:30 PM
- May 25: 2019 Orchard Run, LaFayette Apple Festival Grounds, 7 AM
- May 25: North Syracuse Family Festival, Lonergan Park, 11 AM
- May 25: Be the Pilot, The MOST, 12-4 PM
- May 26: Opening Market, The Yard, 11 AM-3 PM
- May 26: Memorial Day Watchfire, NYS Fairgrounds, 5 PM
- May 26: Memorial Day Weekend Fireworks Extravaganza, NBT Bank Stadium, 6:35 PM
For a complete list of events, check out our online calendar.
What's Hot 🔥
Memorial Day: Memorial Day Weekend is here and Syracuse has plans for you. On Sunday, NBT Bank Stadium will be hosting their annual MDW Fireworks Extravaganza following a Syracuse Mets vs Scranton/WB RailRiders game. For a meaningful ceremony head to the NYS Fairgrounds for the annual Memorial Day Watchfire. The Watchfire presents a way to respectfully retire any worn, tattered and faded American flags.
What's Cooking 🍳
Heid's Summerfest: Heid's is kicking off their Thursday night Summerfest this week with the band Flashblack. Celebrate summer by enjoying a Hoffman's hot dog with a side of Byrne Dairy milk, salt potatoes and live music.
What They're Saying 💁♀️
Photo of the Week 📸