Welcome to Westcott neighborhood, a vibrant and trendy community in the city of Syracuse. Eclectic, and funky, this neighborhood is home to a melting pot of fresh cuisine, quaint shops and the Westcott Street Cultural Fair. The perfect mix of contemporary and cool, Wescott is home to both locals and SU students and faculty residents. There are plenty of coffee shops, restaurants, bakeries, and bars to showcase your day in #WestcottNation
Best breakfasts + brunch spots
- Sample a superior breakfast or brunch menu at Mom's Diner. Centrally located in the heart of the neighborhood at the corner of Westcott Street and Harvard Place, this hip and casual diner offers up the best comfort food and caters to many dietary restrictions.
- Rise N Shine Diner in Westcott offers up the same Instagram-worthy mix of sugary, savory breakfasts for all to enjoy.
Best afternoon eats
- Looking for a seriously tasty sandwich in the center of this quirky and fun neighborhood? Look no further than Dorian's Gourmet Pizza and Deli. This local gem serves up a variety of cold or toasted sandwiches, each Greek-God-themed to your liking.
- Swing by the newest Westcott eatery Cure Delicatessen & Provisions, a New York City style deli, small retail market and make-and-take community spot.
Best place for bites + beverages
- Both a college and neighborhood hangout, Recess Coffee's original Westcott location is where you want to go for all kinds of house-roasted organic coffee, fantastic lattes and espresso, vegan and gluten-free café fare in a laid-back setting.
- In the mood for some Puerto Rican and Dominican dishes? Try the empanadas, oxtails and mofongo at the highly-rated cafeteria-style restaurant Las Delicias on Westcott Street.
Best place for pizza + pints
Go for something different and try out a Mexican pizza at the locally-loved Alto Cinco, a staple spot in the Westcott neighborhood. But don't just stop there, sample the fried catfish or inferno XXX if fiery hot is your jam, or try the freshest tostadas, jalapeno cornbread, chile relleno and vegan-friendly options to pair with a signature cocktail or cold craft beverage.
Best supper spots
- Make it a date night to remember at Saint Urban, a neighborhood wine bar featuring a new menu each week with a focus on fresh local ingredients. Taste the culinary traditions of France and Italy with a unique dining experience at this modern and inviting space.
- Sample fresh sashimi, nigiri, maki rolls and chef's specialty rolls at Asahi Japanese Restaurant. Open late, this restaurant also serves up authentic Asian dishes alongside a wide selection of premium, imported and domestic beers, sake and wine. Bonus: you can dine outside here in the warmer months, too!
- Explore the Mediterranean and Middle East at Munjed's Restaurant & Lounge, where diners can enjoy everything from falafel to pitas to wraps, salads, gyros and more.
Best late night lounges
Open late, Taps Bar and Restaurant offers a casual environment with late hours open until 2 am. A great spot located right on Wescott Street makes it a fun place to meet up with friends before or after catching a show at the Westcott Theatre.
Find vintage digs and trendy women's clothing, gowns and accessories at the renowned Boom Babies boutique at the center of the Westcott district. Swing by any day of the week to grab a one-of-a-kind piece of jewelry (and an outfit and shoes to match, of course).
The Syracuse Cooperative Market is a gem on the outskirts of the Westcott district. Open to the public, this community-owned grocery store and market is a superb depot selling locally-produced and organic produce, craft beer, bulk foods and also offers a grab-and-go deli.
Best way to get outdoors
Enjoy the 76-acre Thornden Park and its many natural beauties for the community to discover. The E.M. Mils Rose Garden is vibrant and colorful in June, and the Lily Pond is a beautiful sanctuary for family and friends to gather and take photos. Also on site is an outdoor swimming pool, playground, athletic fields and courts, as well as many charming trails.
Best places for family fun
- Peruse the bookshelves with the family at the Petit Branch Library, or check out their schedule of children's programs throughout the year.
- Get outside and get the family moving on one of the many self-guided walking tours throughout Westcott neighborhoods. Discover some of the most distinct architectural gems tucked away in this charming district.
Best evening entertainment
Check out The Westcott Theater for exceptional live music, ranging from local acts to national recording artists, DJs and more. The Westcott Theater is known for its extensive concert lineups, with previous acts including Skrillex, Bassnectar, the Avett Brothers, Grace Potter, DJ Shadow and many more. Check their upcoming schedule and grab tickets here.