Do what makes you happy.
Celebrate life's shining moments. ...
Did you know that Syracuse is the snowiest big city in the entire United States? According to Weather.com, Syracuse is #1 out of America’s 20 Snowiest Major Cities – accumulating 126.3 inches annually). Some people shy away from that but not us. We brag about it. Hard.
We bragged so much that Winter decided to move here and made us the #OFFICIALHOMEOFWINTER. He needed a place where he could be himself – no matter what he threw at us. He’s got his own story, and he needed a place where he could be that guy.
So if you:
• Appreciate winter for the gift he is
• Want a place that doesn’t shut down with a couple of feet of snow (or more)
• Want to get married in the snow
• Want to learn to ski, ice skate, snowboard, go tubing or even drive
• Want to visit our many breweries, wineries or cideries
• Want to Shop or partake in adventurous activities at Destiny USA, one of the largest malls in America
• Want to warm up at the Carrier Dome, cheering on New York State’s college basketball team, the Syracuse Orange
Then Visit Syracuse. The Official Home of Winter!™
To our fellow cities that try to compete - Buffalo, Rochester, Albany, Boulder, or Grand Rapids – Bring it! We’ll see who wins the Golden Snow Globe… again.
We love warming up by the fire or with a cup of hot cocoa or a hot toddy… after all, these delightful treats are best enjoyed with cheeks kissed by the winter wind and a nose nipped by Jack Frost.
Embrace the cold like a real Syracusian! Put on your scarf and gloves and head out into the winter wonderland: