Wake Forest Football at Syracuse
Looking for a chance to catch the Demon Deacons on the road? Then the Wake Forest vs. Syracuse University football game is your perfect opportunity! Watch the Demon Deacons take on Syracuse University at the JMA Wireless Dome November 25th, and spend your holiday weekend in the "Salt City". Come in Friday and catch the holiday tree lighting celebrations in front of the iconic Clinton Square ice rink, take a drive through Lights on the Lake or check out some holiday Gingerbread Houses on display at the Erie Canal Museum.
Can't make it up for the game? That's okay! Syracuse is your spot for four-season fun outside of the big game. As the gateway to the Finger Lakes region and centrally located in the heart of New York State, you’ll enjoy exploring our scenic outdoor parks, fantastic food scene, and our year-round festivals. Let us guide you on all the things to do, events, places to stay, food and drink options, music, history, and art – everything we love about the Syracuse, NY region!
What to Expect Before Coming to Syracuse
Getting Around (outside shuttle options)
- Unlike other cities, Syracuse is known for its minimal traffic, making it easy for visitors to get around. It's easy to walk to attractions around town, or sit back and relax in a taxi, Uber or Lyft and savor the picturesque landscapes and city streets of Central New York. Or grab a front-row seat to the city action by renting an electric bike or scooter via Veo — just download the Veo app to start cruisin’.
- Hotels – just like restaurants, hotel are experiencing staffing shortages. Please be conscious of this prior to arrival.
- Checking in – hotels are doing everything they can right now to ensure rooms are ready by check-in time. If your room is not ready when you arrive, ask the hotel staff to hold your luggage and go out exploring until it is ready!
- Housekeeping – some properties might not be offering cleaning service every day. Please check with the front desk staff when you arrive and let them know if you don’t need service during your stay.
- Reservations - are definitely recommended to ensure the dining experience you’re seeking will be available, especially during dinner hours. Check with each individual location for their policies and procedures.
- Staffing shortages – most restaurants are still experiencing staffing issues. Please be mindful of this while dining out.
- Hours of Operations – look up the restaurant hours before you arrive. Many restaurants have changed their hours to adapt to what they can handle.
- To ensure a smooth dinner experience, here are some tips we recommend: browse the menu before arriving, be patient, if you are limited on time - let the staff know before sitting down, and be prepared to wait (even if you have a reservation).
Things to Do
What are the top outdoor activities in Syracuse?
- Chase waterfalls at Pratt's Falls or Chittenango Falls State Park
- Enjoy year-round fun at Four Seasons Golf & Ski Center
- Enjoy a game of golf
- Cruise the Skaneateles Lake
- Hike or walk the trails at Clark Reservation State Park
- Find more outdoor activities in Syracuse